World's No. 1 automotive battery supplierThe rechargeable battery for automobile is a mid- to large-sized lithium ion battery used to provide power to an electric vehicle. Lithium ions move between the (+)/(-) electrodes to produce electricity. Based on its cutting-edge technologies, LG Chem has lead the global market by supplying batteries for electric vehicles to the global automobile manufacturers.
- Batteries for electric vehicles demand high stability, high output and high energy density, and, in this regard, LG Chem's products are fully recognized for their performance and quality.
- Models equipped with LG Chem's battery
For Hybrid Vehicle(HEV)CellModulePackHyundai Sonata
- A significant improvement in fuel efficiency through output increase.
- Excellent instantaneous output/charging performance.
- Long lifespan despite the frequent charging/discharging thanks to the little distortion/degeneration of electrodes.
For Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle(PHEV)CellPackGM Volt
- Realized high energy density for the same volume.
- Outstanding driving performance in the EV mode due to the high output.
For Electric Vehicle(EV)CellModuleRenault ZOE
* In addition to the examples listed above, LG Chem can provide automobile batteries in the form of cell, module or pack depending on the vehicle.
- Secured high capacity per unit weight thanks to the light battery, increasing the travel distance.
- Uniform temperature ensures sufficient cooling with a small amount of energy, extending the lifespan of the battery.
- Electric Vehicle Battery Solution
- Cell Module Pack BMS Technical Support
- The No. 1 Company in the World
- LG Chem provides batteries optimized for all eco-friendly vehicles from HEVs to PHEVs and EVs to global automobile manufacturers.
- Hyundai/Kia Project(2009~)
- GM Project(2010~)
- Renault Project(2012~)
- Ford Project(2012~)
- Volvo Project(2012~)
- BMS with High Accuracy
- LG Chem's battery management system(BMS) was developed by applying the ASIC chip, which is the epitome of the battery know-how that LG Chem has acquired, and the communication standards of automobile OEM companies. It demonstrates the accurate and reliable battery management technology that only LG Chem can offer.
- Pack structure optimized for xEV
- Battery design and pack structure considering all aspects of the battery such as output, energy, cooling, size and price can be called the epitome of LG Chem's technologies for efficient performance.
- Design flexibility that overcomes spatial restrictions
- An automobile is built with tens of thousands of parts, and the positions and sizes of the battery may vary depending on the automobile manufactures. Therefore, it is highly critical to have design flexibility.
- Zero field issues
- Quality improvement cycle, Reliability, Simulation on models with potential customer claim