Indication Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (ABECB) Community-acquired pneumonia (of mild to moderate severity) Acute Bacterial Sinusitis (ABS)
Effective strains 1. Gram-positive aerobic bacteria Streptococcus, such as Streptococcus pneumoniae (including penicillin-resistant bacteria, macrolide-resistant bacteria, ofloxacin, levofloxacin, and quinolone-resistant bacteria and multidrug-resistant bacteria*)ㆍStreptococcus pyogenes (including macrolide-resistant bacteria)ㆍStreptococcus viridansㆍStreptococcus agalactiaeㆍStreptococcus milleriㆍStreptococcus anginosusㆍStreptococcus constellatusㆍStreptococcus mitis, Staphylococcus, such as Staphylococcus aureus (including strains susceptible to methicillin)ㆍStaphylococcus epidermidisㆍStaphylococcus saprophyticusㆍStaphylococcus hemolyticussuch, and Enterococcus, such as Enterococcus faecalisㆍEnterococcus faecium * Multidrug-resistant organisms: Multi-drug resistant pneumococcus refers to a strain that is simultaneously resistant to two or more antimicrobials among penicillins, second generation cephalosporins (such as cefuroxime), macrolides, tetracyclines, and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
2. Gram-negative aerobic bacteria Haemophilus, such as Haemophilus influenza (including beta-lactamase positive and negative strains)ㆍHaemophilus parainfluenza, Moraxella such as Moraxella catarrhalis (including beta-lactamase positive and negative strains), Klebsiella such as Klebsiella pneumoniaeㆍKlebsiella oxytoca, Escherichia coli, Neisseria such as Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Acinetobacter such as Acinetobacter lwoffiiㆍAcinetobacter anitratusㆍAcinetobacter calcoaceticusㆍAcinetobacter haemolyticus, Citrobacter such as Citrobacter freundiiㆍCitrobacter koseri, Salmonella, Shigella, Enterococcus such as Enterobacter cloacaeㆍEnterobacter aerogenes, Serratia such as Serratia marcescens, Proteus such as Proteus mirabilisㆍProteus vulgaris, Providencia, Morganella such as Morganella morganii, Yersinia, Pseudomonas such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bordetella such as Bordetella pertussis
3. Specific bacteria Coxiella such as Coxiella burnetii, Mycoplasma such as Mycoplasma Pneumonia, Legionella such as Legionella pneumonia, Chlamydia such as Chlamydia pneumoniae
4. Anaerobic bacteria Peptococcus, Clostridium, Fusobacterium, Porphyromonas, Prevotella, Clostridium non-perfringensㆍ Clostridium, Porphyromonas, Prevotella such as Clostridium perfringens
* Diseases for which medicine is efficacious - Acute exacerbation of chronic respiratory disease (chronic bronchitis) - Community-acquired pneumonia - Rhinosinusitis - Otitis media
Fluoroquinolone-based drugs, including this drug, are related to serious adverse events, so acute bacterial sinusitis and acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis are used in patients without other treatment options.
Dosage / Administration
FACTIVE® Tab. can be taken with or without food and should be swallowed whole with a liberal amount of liquid. The recommended dose of FACTIVE® Tab. is 320 mg daily, according to the following. * Recommended Dosage Regimen of FACTIVE® Tab. The clinical decision regarding the use of a 5 day or 7 day regimen should be guided by results of the initial sputum culture. The recommended dose and duration of FACTIVE® Tab. should not be exceeded. - Use in Renally Impaired Patients: Dose adjustment in patients with creatinine clearance >40 mL/min is not required. Modification of the dosage is recommended for patients with creatinine clearance ≤40 mL/min. - Use in Hepatically Impaired Patients: No dosage adjustment is recommended in patients with mild (Child-Pugh Class A), moderate (Child-Pugh Class B) or severe (Child-Pugh Class C) hepatic impairment. - Use in Elderly: No dosage adjustment is recommended.
Appearance & Packaging Unit White or almost white oval film-coated tablets 5 tablets(5 tablets/PTP packaging x 1), 30 tablets(5 tablets/PTP packaging x 6)
Active Ingredient and Capacity Gemifloxacin Mesylate 320 mg
Storage In a tight container, store at room temperature (1~30℃)
When you visit our website, information is stored in your browser or exported in the form of cookies. This information may be about you, your preferences, or the device you use, and is most often used to ensure that the website works properly. This information does not identify you directly, but it can offer a more optimized experience as you navigate our website. Because we respect your right to privacy, you may choose not to allow certain types of cookies. You can check the detailed settings and change them according to your needs.
This website uses technical cookies that are essential for using all of its features. They perform specific functions required to ensure your normal navigation of the site.
- Amazon Web Service
- Web Application Server
- Identifies whether the user checked "Do not see again today" in the pop-up window on the main page of the site
- Identifies whether the user participated in customer surveys
These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website to help improve the site. For example, we anonymously collect information such as the visitor’s device, access area, and time of visit.
These cookies balance the server load and maintain user sessions.
AWSALB, AWSALBCORS, AWSALBTG, AWSALBTGCORS
Browser type, browser version, operating system, authentication and security credentials, links inserted in e-mails viewed or clicked through AWS, device type, time and number of livestreams and downloads, Internet service provider, time zone, network connection type, device information, geolocation, playback details, page response time, content downloaded from AWS, download error, page interaction, content interaction, interaction or communication with AWS, browser plug-ins, cookies, cookie ID, mouse movement, click paths, phone number, content and ad views and interactions, usage data, IP address, accessed applications, full URL clickstream (including date and time) from or through the AWS website, streams, number of visits and interactions with AWS offerings
AWSALB, AWSALBCORS, AWSALBTG : 6 days AWSALBTGCORS : 7 days
Recipients of data
Amazon Web Services Inc., Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL