Vision and Goals
No. 1 Greenovation Company
Strengthen Cost Leadership / Ease regulation impacts / Build Eco-friendly Processes
Enhance Competitiveness in Energy and GHG Reduction1
Proactively Respond to Global Regulations2
Support Green Business3
Establish an energy management system.(ISO50001)
Save energy and promote the use of new and renewable energy.
Fostering mutual growth through energy
Response to Climate Change
Respond to emission trading system.
Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Operating an in-house greenhouse gas emissions trading system
Policy Response & Communication
Identifying the status of energy and climate change and responding to policies
Communicate with stakeholders (CDP and DJSI).
Support sustainable product development.
Overseas Manufacturing Plants
Establishment of Energy Management System
- Advancing the company-wide energy management system (ISO50001)
Building on our existing energy infrastructure, our efforts to continuously improve the energy management system across our business sites are being recognized.
- All domestic manufacturing subsidiaries are maintaining their energy management system certifications (2004–present)
- Five domestic business sites have been certified by the Korea Energy Agency as excellent energy management sites by 2019
- Improved Energy Intensity in the Production Process.
Through its continuous energy saving activities, Yeosu NCC plant has been recognized as a plant with the world's highest level of energy intensity by Solomon Consulting, an NCC consulting firm, in 2013.This is an unrivaled level that consumes 40% or less energy than the world's average and 24% or less than the global top 25%.
- Spread the Use of Energy Storage System (ESS) and New and Renewable Energy.
The company has expanded the installation of energy storage systems (ESSs), which can enhance the stability of solar power generation system and power supply in the production process to respond to the national new and renewable energy policy.